As part of the CAFN Food Security Plan, volunteers are moving forward on the following initiatives:
- Expansion of food and meal delivery to more seniors in need
- 12-week gardening and cooking course pairing seniors and youth in a unique “learn from each other” format
- Senior Voices video campaign to attract attention to the need
- Plan to establish gardens at affordable senior housing sites
- Reducing barriers in the application process for SNAP benefits, i.e. the Federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, to purchase healthy food.